Businessman and politician. He was a coal importer and commission merchant in Gracechurch Street. When the first London County Council elections were held in 1889, he became one of four councillors representing the City of London, and was appointed chairman of the Improvements Committee. He also served as Deputy Chairman of the council in 1902-1903. Died at his home in Hampstead.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk