A former station named 'Pinner' was opened nearby in about 1844, and renamed 'Pinner and Hatch End' in 1897. The present station was originally served by the London and North West Railway, and in 1917 became part of the Baker Street and Waterloo Railway (the forerunner to the Bakerloo line). It is now part of the London Overground. Sir John Betjeman was an admirer and described the building as 'half-way between a bank and a medium sized country house'.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk