Hampstead General Hospital
Group From 1882 To 1975
Founded in South Hill Park Road by Dr William Heath Strange. Expanded into neighbouring houses and then in 1905 moved into a new building on the site of what is now (2014) the Heath Strange Garden. In 1948 the HGH joined the NHS and became part of the Royal Free Hospital group. This lead to the demolition of the HGH so that the RFH could build a new hospital on the surrounding grounds and the HGH site became a car park with garden above.