Plaque: Royal Free Hospital - old and new hospitals
Erection date: 16/10/1993
To commemorate the unveiling of the original stone frieze of Hampstead General Hospital on 16th October 1993 by the Hampstead General Hospital Nurses League.
The stones stand on the original site of the hospital which was demolished to make way for the Royal Free Hospital.
Site: Royal Free Hospital (8 memorials)
NW3, Rowland Hill Street, Heath Strange Garden
This strangely monikered garden was named for Dr William Heath Strange who, in 1882, founded the Hampstead General Hospital that went on to merge with the Royal Free.
The 4 trees are in the central lawn with the 3 memorials for the hospitals. the Hendrick stone is in the flowerbed behind the camera.
2014: we read that there are plans to extend the hospital buildings onto this garden.