Hamleys of London
Group From 1760
Established by William Hamley as 'Noah's Ark' at 231 High Holborn. Branch at 200 Regent Street opened in 1881. The original shop was destroyed by fire in 1901 and moved down the road to 86-87 High Holborn. The Regent Street branch moved down its road in 1981 to 188-196, where, for a time, it was the largest toy shop in the world.