mobile nav

Subject

Hackney Gazette printing works

Group  From 1924  To 1958

Categories: Commerce

From British History Online we learn: The 'Hackney and Kingsland Gazette' was launched in 1864. The sons of the printer, Charles Potter, formed Potter Bros Ltd in 1920 and changed the title to 'Hackney Gazette and North London Advertiser' in 1926. They acquired other papers and then in 1987 merged with North West London Press Group to form Capital Newspapers, which published the Hackney Gazette weekly in 1990.

The offices (and presumably the printing works), originally at 440 Kingsland Road, moved to Lenthall Works in 1924 where they stayed until 1958 when they moved to 25 Kingsland Road.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Hackney Gazette printing works

Information Commemorated at

51567

Lenthall Works

The few references we can find to "Lenthall Works" have a double "l" so there...

Read More