H. H. C. Richardson
Person Male Born 1885 Died 16/11/1946
Fr. Harry Richardson was instituted n 1925 as vicar of St Benet and All Saints and it fell to him to resolve the long-standing problem of the structurally unsound nave. The decision was to demolish and rebuild it with deeper foundations. This new nave was consecrated in November 1928.
We are grateful to Andrew Behan who has researched Richardson and provides the following:
Reverend Harry Herbert Coleman Richardson was born in Stoke Newington, the son of Harry Coleman Richardson and Harriet Richardson, nee Alcock. His father was a Chartered Accountant.
The 1891 census shows the family were living at 49 Norcott Road, Stoke Newington. His mother died in 1899 and the 1901 census shows him living with his widowed father at 84 Cazenove Road, Stoke Newington.
The 1911 census shows that his father had remarried to Eliza Alice Richardson and the family were living at 'Deep Dene', Torrington Park, North Finchley and the 26 year old Harry H.C. Richardson's occupation was shown as Undergraduate (Oxford).
Although the 1912 electoral register shows him still at 'Deep Dene', Torrington Park, the 1922-1925 electoral registers show him living at 3-4 Red Lion Square, Holborn.
In 1925 he was appointed to St Benet and All Saints Church in Lupton Street, Kentish Town, and he lived at The Vicarage, Lady Margaret Road, where he remained for the rest of his life. This did not prevent him from travelling as records show that he arrived back in London on 18 March 1931 having travelled as a 1st Class passenger on the Blue Star Line's ship the 'Almeda Star' from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
He died leaving £6,426 in his estate and was buried on 23 November 1946 in Grave 8S07, Section K07 in Abney Park Cemetery.