Group From 1866 To 1976
The splendid Lost Hospitals has been our source for this summary:
Opened in 1866 as the Pimlico and Westminster Institute, a dispensary for women and children. 1873 the hospital bought and moved to 29 Vincent Square, which was on this site, becoming the Vincent Square Hospital for Women and Children. It expanded by acquiring neighbouring houses and then in 1895 it was totally rebuilt, including an out-patients department, with funds provided by Lady Kortright.
In 1905 an additional storey was added which contained a new operating theatre, anaesthetic rooms and accommodation for the nurses. And in 1907 it was renamed as the Grosvenor Hospital for Women. 1929 the out-patients department was enlarged.
In WW2, 1943-6, it seved as a naval hospital. Joined the NHS in 1948 and closed in 1976. Now (2016) used by the Westminster Under School and known as Adrian House.