Glasgow School of Art
Group From 1845
Founded in 1845 as the Glasgow Government School of Design. It changed to its current name in 1853. The main building, shown in the picture, in Renfrew Street was designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh in 1909. The School has produced most of Scotland’s contemporary artists including Turner Prize winners Simon Starling (2005) and Richard Wright (2009).
We never expected to be able to include a picture of this world-class Glasgow building in LondonRemembers.