Building   

Fruiterers Hall & warehouses

Categories: Property

Building

In 1754 the Fruiterers had warehouses at the “Three Cranes”, situated in a lane called Fruiterers’ Alley, running off Thames Street. The Company’s meeting place or hall at that time was the Fruiterers’ Hall in Worcester House, Thames Street.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Fruiterers Hall & warehouses

Commemorated ati

Fruiterers' Hall & Alley

{To the left of the Fruiterers Company crest:} On 19th January 2000 the Rt Ho...

Read More

Other Subjects

Woodford Hall

Woodford Hall

Built, or rebuilt, in 1775 by the architect Thomas Leverton (1743 – 1824). William Morris lived here as a child,  1840 - 47, having been born at Elm House. From Theydon: 1869 - 1900 it was the Cat...

Building, Property

1 memorial
Bowman's Lodge

Bowman's Lodge

An elegant house with views across countryside.  Edward Lear's stockbroker father held the lease 1806 - 1829 so Edward lived here until he was 16.  With two storeys and five bays it was not a parti...

Building, Property

1 memorial
Joseph Whitehead & Sons Ltd

Joseph Whitehead & Sons Ltd

Contractor in marble work, responsible for the design and execution of works such as the drinking fountains for the Metropolitan Drinking Fountain and Cattle Trough Association. Based at Imperial W...

Group, Architecture, Commerce, Property, Sculpture

4 memorials
Mark Gentry

Mark Gentry

Builders active in 1886.

Group, Property

1 memorial
William of Wykeham

William of Wykeham

Bishop of Winchester, Chancellor of England and founder of Winchester College. Reconstructed Windsor Castle for King Edward III. Click on external site for more information. And see Winchester gees...

Person, Architecture, Politics & Administration, Property, Religion

4 memorials