Designed by Frank Matcham. One of London’s most popular variety theatres. Here, in January 1921, the magician P. T. Selbit performed the illusion of "sawing a lady in half" - its first public performance.
The rising popularity of television in the 1950s caused the closure of many theatres including this one. The building was then used as a scenery store until it was demolished in April 1965 and replaced with a block of flats given the appropriate name of Vaudeville Court.