Person Male Born 12/12/1883 Died 12/12/1974
Architect. Born in Yorkshire as Edward Brantwood Muff into a family which, in 1903, moved to live in Philip Webb's Red House where Maufe lived for 7 years and later acknowledged the influence. 1909 changed his surname by deed poll from Muff to Maufe. Specialised in churches and memorials. London works include: Heal's in Tottenham Court Road (the southern extension), Morley College (1937 extension) and St Columba's Church, Pont Street. His wife Gladys was a designer and interior decorator and became a director of Heals. Died in Uckfield Hospital on his 91st birthday.