Heal & Son extended their shop in Tottenham Court Road & rebuilt the portion in Afred Mews, 1936 - 1938.
Directors: Sir Ambrose Heal, Hamilton T. Smith, George P. Stacy, Anthony S. Heal, Secretary - Geoffrey S. Beale, Architect - Edward Maufe ARA, Contractors - Trollope & Colls
This plaque is on the last but one southern pier of the southern building.
Site: Heals building (2 memorials)
W1, Tottenham Court Road, Heals
The frieze at the top of the southern Heal's building reads: "MDCCCX, Heal & Son, MCMXVI, Heal & Son, MCMXXXVII", the dates being: 1810 - when Heal's was founded;1916 - when the northern half of this building was erected; 1937 - when the southern half was added.
When passing do drop in to see the splendid spiral staircase, with its cat.