Plaque: Heals - north
This shop was built in 1914 - 1917. Managing directors: Ambrose Heal, Ralph Heal, Architects: Cecil C. Brewer, A. Dunbar Smith, Contractor: E. J. Minter
On the north-most pier of the southern building.
Site: Heals building (2 memorials)
W1, Tottenham Court Road, Heals
The frieze at the top of the southern Heal's building reads: "MDCCCX, Heal & Son, MCMXVI, Heal & Son, MCMXXXVII", the dates being: 1810 - when Heal's was founded;1916 - when the northern half of this building was erected; 1937 - when the southern half was added.
When passing do drop in to see the splendid spiral staircase, with its cat.