The informal title of the Czechoslovak National Liberation Committee. It was originally created by the former Czechoslovak president Edvard Beneš in Paris, in October 1939. Unsuccessful negotiations with France for diplomatic status, as well as the impending Nazi invasion forced the committee to withdraw to London. From there, it moved to Aston Abbots in Buckinghamshire in 1941, for the relative safety from the blitz.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk