David James Avery was born on 2 December 1933, the third of the five children of Frederick Joseph Avery (1897-1988) and Ethel Maud Avery née Lambert (1901-1984) whose birth was registered in the Stepney registration area. His father was a G.P.O. storeman. His four siblings were Betty Avery (1924-2010), Frederick John Avery (1928-1994), Alan E. Avery (1935-1935) and Edna M. Avery (1943-1995).
In the 1939 England and Wales Register he was shown as a schoolboy, who together with his brother Frederick, was residing at the home of Albert H. and Maggie G. Hewerdine at 158 Station Road, March, Cambridgeshire, whilst his parents remained in London at 189 Tower Gardens Road, Tottenham.
He was medical practitioner and was elected as a City of Westminster councillor in 1974 (see his London Wiki page for details of his career) and served as the Lord Mayor of Westminster in 1990-1991. He was a director of two companies, giving his correspondence address as Flat C, 7 Rupert Street, London, W1V 7FP.
He died, aged 66 years, on 4 January 2000 in Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
Credit for this entry to: Andrew Behan.