mobile nav


Charterhouse church

Building  From 1348  To 1545

Categories: Religion

A chapel was first built here soon after 1348 by Walter de Manny, alongside a burial ground for victims of the Black Death.  In 1371 when the Charterhouse Priory was built here the chapel was incorporated as the church.  Demolished by Sir Edward North soon after 1545.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Charterhouse church

Information Commemorated at

Priory Church

Lines laid out in the grass can just be seen in our photo. They indicate what...

Read More