mobile nav

Subject

Charles Square

Place  From 1685 

Categories: Property

This Square was laid out at the same time as Hoxton Square and in 1922 Charles Square still contained at least some houses from about 1685 - 1745. Only no. 16 remains. Shown in the picture, it was "used {1922} for the accommodation of the Shoreditch County Court, and before the present Court House was built in the rear of Old Street, the front room on the first floor was utilised for that purpose".

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Charles Square

Information Commemorated at