Charing Cross Station - renovation
Event To 12/12/1989
The original station was built on the site of Hungerford Market and opened in 1864. Londonist's post about the 1905 roof collapse has some fine photos and drawings.
The post-modern office building (clearly seen from the river) was added on top as part of the 1989-90 renovation. It is occupied by PricewaterhouseCoopers and, we are told, the view from the river-facing boardroom is magnificent. The photo shows the station in 1964.