mobile nav


Charing Cross Station - renovation

Event  To 12/12/1989

Categories: Transport

The original station was built on the site of Hungerford Market and opened in 1864. Londonist's post about the 1905 roof collapse has some fine photos and drawings.

The post-modern office building (clearly seen from the river) was added on top as part of the 1989-90 renovation. It is occupied by PricewaterhouseCoopers and, we are told, the view from the river-facing boardroom is magnificent. The photo shows the station in 1964.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Charing Cross Station - renovation

Information Commemorated at

Charing Cross Station - reopening

This plaque was unveiled by the Lord Mayor of Westminster, Councillor Simon M...

Read More