From their website (the picture source): "founded in 1856 by three liberal MPs as a mechanism for expanding the field of voters eligible to elect Members of Parliament". We don't understand but since all records were lost in WW2 we probably never will. Now it is a property company.
Group From 1856
This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
Gilt of Cain - Slave trade
This sculpture, 'Gilt of Cain', was unveiled by Bishop Tutu in commemoration ...
F. & F. J. Wood
Built, or rebuilt, in 1775 by the architect Thomas Leverton (1743 – 1824). William Morris lived here as a child, 1840 - 47, having been born at Elm House. From Theydon: 1869 - 1900 it was the Cat...
Married to Henry Goulding in 1574.
The palace covered the area approximately bounded by (clockwise) Northumberland Avenue, Victoria Embankment, Derby Gate, Downing Street, Horse Guards Road, The Mall. The area was already a centre ...
Richard Grosvenor, 2nd Marquess of Westminster
Born, son of Sir Robert, at Millbank House (alias: Peterborough House, Grosvenor House). Shown on this 1690 map to be approximately on the Thorney Street site now occupied by the Hilton Double Tree...