mobile nav

Subject

Britannia Theatre

Building  From 1841  To 1941

Categories: Theatre

Opened in 1841 as the Britannia Saloon, a drama space attached to the Britannia Public House. Rebuilt in 1858 with a full auditorium and renamed The Britannia Theatre. Converted to a cinema in 1923. Demolished in 1941.
Arthur Lloyd kindly gave us permission to use this photo.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Britannia Theatre

Information Commemorated at

48105

Britannia Theatre

On this site stood The Britannia Saloon, opened 1841, rebuilt in 1858 and ren...

Read More