Bow Railway Station
Building From 1850 To 1944
Former railway station. Opened by the East & West India Docks and Birmingham Junction Railway, which was later renamed the North London Railway (NLR). It was located close to the second Bow Road Station which was open from 1892 to 1949. The original station was replaced by a much grander one in 1870 (pictured), which incorporated a concert hall. The NLR line was severely damaged in the blitz and the line east of Dalston Junction was closed and never re-opened to passengers.
For more on the ornate edifice in front of the building see: the lost Bryant & May Testimonial fountain.