mobile nav

Subject

Borough Compter

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Borough Compter

Building  To 1717

Categories: Law

Courthouse and prison. The building was part of St Margaret's Church, which was closed during the reformation. It burned down in 1676 and was rebuilt in 1685. The functions moved to a new building off Mill Lane, (now the site of Hay's Galleria) and eventually closed in 1855.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Borough Compter

Information Commemorated at

St Margaret's Church & Borough Compter

Site of St. Margaret's Church (13th century) and the Borough Compter. Histori...

Read More