Building    From 1849 

Blackheath Station

Categories: Property, Transport

Railway station served by trains from London and the North Kent and Bexleyheath lines. It was built using London Brick to a design by George Smith.

Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Blackheath Station

Commemorated ati

Blackheath Station

Blackheath Station opened for passenger traffic on Monday July 30 1849. To ma...

Read More

Other Subjects

John Bacon

John Bacon

Bought Friary House and the estate in 1800. This could be John Bacon the Younger but it's a common name so probably not.

Person, Property

1 memorial
Lieutenant Commander James Dawbarn Young, R.N.V.R.

Lieutenant Commander James Dawbarn Young, R.N.V.R.

Qualified as surveyor and then as a lawyer.  Public spirited and worked with the Claremont Central Mission (we think this was a nationwide religious charitable organisation working with young peopl...

Person, Armed Forces, Law, Property, Belgium

War dead, WW1
3 memorials
Professor Banister Fletcher

Professor Banister Fletcher

Architect and surveyor. Churchwarden of St Andrew-by-the-Wardrobe. He and his sons, Banister Flight Fletcher and Herbert Phillips Fletcher, formed the architectural practice: Banister Fletcher &amp...

Person, Architecture, Liveries & Guilds, Politics & Administration, Property

1 memorial
Trollope & Colls Ltd

Trollope & Colls Ltd

Construction firm. Formed in 1903 from the merger of George Trollope & Sons, and Colls & Sons. Acquired by Trafalgar House in 1969.  

Group, Property

1 memorial
Lloyd's of London 1928 building

Lloyd's of London 1928 building

Lloyd's first purpose-built premises, at 12 Leadenhall Street. Needing more space Lloyds commissioned the 1958 building, where the Willis building now stands. The 1928 building was demolished to ma...

Building, Property

1 memorial