mobile nav

Subject

Adelphi Theatre Restaurant

Building  From 1887  To 1908

Categories: Food & Drink

Grade II Listed. In 1878 Agostino and Stefano Gatti bought the Adelphi Theatre lease and the adjacent building then called the Marble Halls.  In the building next to the theatre Spencer Chadwick designed the restaurant which opened in 1887. The public dining rooms were on ground, first and second floors and were splendidly ornate - see the Picture source for photos. The upper floors are now equally splendid flats, and, 2014, available to buy.

The Theatres Trust have a detailed description of the various changes the theatre has been through.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Adelphi Theatre Restaurant

Information Commemorated at

72031

Gatti family

There is an interesting memorial to the power supply just around the corner.

Read More