Group    From 1834  To 1859

Ealing Grove School, Co-operative School

Categories: Education

Group

The Ealing Grove School (for boys) was established by Lady Byron in 1834 on the site where the plaque is. She appointed E. T. Craig and then Charles Atlee as headmaster. See Ealing College for what then happened to the site.

In a nearby street, The Park, is a building which we believe used to house another school, Byron House School, opened by Atlee, in 1859 when he left Ealing Grove School. We don't know if Lady Byron herself was connected with this school in any way.

Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Ealing Grove School, Co-operative School

Commemorated ati

Lady Byron

Lady Byron, 1792 - 1860, founded the renowned Co-operative School within thes...

Read More

Other Subjects

Morley College

Morley College

This college has its origins in the temperance Royal Victoria Coffee and Music Hall. In 1882, using the back-stage and the dressing rooms of the theatre, Emma Cons introduced Tuesday “penny” lectur...

Group, Education, Social Welfare

3 memorials
Joint Service Defence College

Joint Service Defence College

A training academy for British military personnel. It was established as the Combined Staff College in Latimer, Buckinghamshire. Renamed the National Defence College in 1971. Moved to Greenwich in ...

Place, Armed Forces, Education

2 memorials
Royal School of Naval Architecture

Royal School of Naval Architecture

Established in South Kensington on the site now occupied by the V&A Museum.

Group, Architecture, Education

1 memorial
Sir John Cass's Foundation

Sir John Cass's Foundation

From the picture source website: "In 1710 Cass set up a school for 50 boys and 40 girls in buildings in the churchyard of St Botolph-without-Aldgate. Intending to leave all his property to the scho...

Group, Education

4 memorials
Frank George Fabian Jeffery

Frank George Fabian Jeffery

Kelly's Beckenham Directory for 1916 lists a Frank Jeffery as the manager of London City & Midland Bank Limited 241 Beckenham Road. He seemed to be a good match for the Stanley Halls portrait p...

Person, Benefactor, Education

1 memorial