Person    | Male  Born 13/9/1520  Died 4/8/1598

William Cecil, 1st Baron Burghley

William Cecil, 1st Baron Burghley, was an English statesman, the chief adviser of Queen Elizabeth I for most of her reign, twice Secretary of State (1550–53 and 1558–72) and Lord High Treasurer from 1572. Father to Robert Cecil.  Inherited Beaufort House shortly before his death.

Source: Wikipedia.

Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
William Cecil, 1st Baron Burghley

Commemorated ati

Moravians / Gillick Pageant / Beaufort House

This unusual memorial was created by Ernest and Mary Gillick in their studio ...

Read More

Other Subjects

Councillor W. G. Spittle

Councillor W. G. Spittle

Member of the Electric Lighting and Tramways Committee, West Ham, 1905. This Annual Report of the Medical Officer of Health, West Ham, 1909 gives more of his name, referring to 'W. G. Spittle.

Person, Politics & Administration

1 memorial
Walter T. Davis

Walter T. Davis

Worked for the Royal Arsenal Co-operative Society. Was on the building committee for the Abbey Wood branch in 1912. The Royal Collection Trust hold "The History of the Royal Arsenal Co-operative S...

Person, Commerce, Politics & Administration

1 memorial
Liberal Party

Liberal Party

Founded at a meeting in Almack's / Willis's Rooms, when 280 Whig, Liberal, former Peelite and radical MPs met to agree on a strategy to remove Lord Derby's Conservative government. The Guardian re...

Group, Politics & Administration

1 memorial
Councillor Brian Schama
1 memorial
Robert Arthur James Gascoyne-Cecil, Marquess of Salisbury, Viscount Cranborne

Robert Arthur James Gascoyne-Cecil, Marquess of Salisbury, Viscount Cranborne

Conservative politician. Wikipedia has the wonderful phrase "In 1947, he succeeded his father in the marquessate...".

Person, Politics & Administration

1 memorial

Previously viewed

Cooks' Hall

Cooks' Hall

Cooks' Hall was built circa 1500, escaped the Great Fire and was rebuilt and enlarged 1674. In 1764 a fire partially destroyed the Hall which was again rebuilt but it was totally destroyed by fire...

Building, Liveries & Guilds

2 memorials