Plaque   

William Friese-Greene

William Friese-Greene William Friese-Greene
Inscription

W. Friese-Greene

Site: William Friese-Greene (1 memorial)

SW3, King’s Road, 208, Chelsea Cinema

Friese-Greene’s studio and laboratory were located on this site. The current building was originally the Gaumont Palace cinema, built in1934. It closed in 1972. The foyer and stalls became the current Habitat store and the small cinema next door was created in the balcony area.

Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
William Friese-Greene

Subjects commemorated Information

William Friese-Greene

Photographer, inventor and pioneer of cinematography. Born Bristol as William...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
William Friese-Greene

Created by Information

Newbury Abbot Trent

Sculptor.  Born Forest Gate.  His cousin was a cinema architect which probabl...

Read More

Nearby Memorials

Father Thomas Byles - station

Father Thomas Byles - station

CM5, Station Approach, Former Ongar Station

Although we have not been able to find this plaque we have not marked it as 'lost', believing it to be on some part of the site not avail...

2 subjects commemorated, 1 creator
G. K. Chesterton - birth

G. K. Chesterton - birth

W8, Sheffield Terrace, 32 - 34

Are we proud of spotting this small, dark plaque? You bet we are!

1 subject commemorated
Lord Pitt of Hampstead

Lord Pitt of Hampstead

NW1, North Gower Street, 200

London Borough of Camden Lord Pitt of Hampstead, 1913 - 1994, physician and civil rights campaigner, worked here, 1950 - 84.

1 subject commemorated, 1 creator
St Benet Gracechurch

St Benet Gracechurch

EC2, Gracechurch Street, 60

Site of St. Benet Gracechurch, demolished 1876. The Corporation of the City of London

1 subject commemorated, 1 creator
Old Church Garden - facts

Old Church Garden - facts

W1, Marylebone High Street

The left-most of 3 plaques on the back wall of the garden.

8 subjects commemorated