Erection date: 1861
Henricus III Rex
Site: Westminster School - old boys (5 memorials)
SW1, Broad Sanctuary
From Westminster's Conservation Audit: This Listed grade II monument was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott. It is in a high Victorian Gothic with a main column in a polished red granite surmounted by a lantern cross and a statue of St. George, by J. R. Clayton.
Apparently a 'lantern cross' should be in the shape of a lantern but does not need any attributes of a cross. This lantern, above the capital and below St George, contains 4 statues of English monarchs carved by J. B. Philip which we have numbered, starting at the south and proceeding anti-clockwise.
Waymarking also has an entry for this monument.
Album Online have an early (but undated, unattributed) photo, probably taken when the memorial was first erected in 1861.