Plaque: Welsh Church - Rowlands
This memorial stone was laid by Mrs Griffith Rowlands 25th June 1889.
Site: United Welsh Church (4 memorials)
W1, Eastcastle Street, 30
Each of these foundation stones is at the base of a pillar, reading left to right: Peters, Rowlands, Lewis, Taylor. Disappointingly we have found no information on any of these people.
A lamp hanging in the portico reads: "Capel, Castle St." The portico frieze is inscribed "Capel Bedyddwyr Cymreig". Prior to the unification of the Welsh churches in 2006 this was a Welsh Baptist Church.