Plaque: Waltham Forest College military trainees
This plaque commemorates the thousands of service men and women who trained in this building during the second world war. The college was known by the Royal Navy as "HMS Shrapnel".
Site: Waltham Forest College (2 memorials)
E17, Forest Road, 707
The plaques are just visible in our photo, to the left of the third column from the right.
This was built as the South West Essex Technical College and School of Art in 1938 by John Stuart, Essex County Architect.