This portico was the entrance to the former Unitarian Chapel erected on this site in 1821. The main body of the chapel (then in disuse) was demolished in 1964, and subsequently the portico was restored by the Greater London Council.
Site: Unitarian Chapel - Stamford Street (1 memorial)
SE1, Stamford Street
We hope this architectural smash-up is taken as a warning to other developers of just how wrong facadism can be.
Historic England have a 2001 photo, before the 2005 flats were built.