Plaque: Tudor Hall - stone
Erection date: 1952
This is to commemorate the original school founded here by Queen Elizabeth and built in 1573. The school was removed in 1932 to new building in Queens Road, Barnet.
This plaque was erected by the Visitors of Jesus Hospital Charity, the present owners in 1952.
We can't find evidence but it seems likely that when owned by the Jesus Hospital Charity the Tudor Hall was used as almshouses.
Site: Tudor Hall (2 memorials)
EN5, Wood Street
Above the entrance to the building (to the left of our picture) in stone: 1573, E.R.".