Tottenham High Cross
This monument stands on the site of a medieval wayside cross which was rebuilt in brick in about 1600 by Dean Wood, a local resident and Dean of Armagh. In 1809 the villagers of Tottenham raised money for its renovation in its present form and the structure is now maintained by Haringey Council.
It seems strange that the Dean of Armagh, based in Armagh, Ireland should be residing in what would then have been a village to the north of London. British History Online confirms that he "lived on the east side of the green".
Site: Tottenham High Cross (1 memorial)
N17, Monument Way
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk