mobile nav

Memorial

Thames Conservancy Thames Conservancy

Plaque: Thames Conservancy

Erection date: 1925

Inscription

Thames Conservancy - 1925

Site: Thames Conservancy (1 memorial)

KT8, River Thames path, Look-keeper's house at Molesey Lock

From The-River-Thames: "The Corporation of the City of London built the first pound lock entirely of timber here in 1815 along with the lock keepers house. In 1906 it {the lock} had to be rebuilt and enlarged by the Thames Conservancy. The current house was built in 1925."

View this memorial on a map

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Thames Conservancy

Information Subjects commemorated

Conservators of the River Thames / Thames Conservancy

Came into being as a result of the Thames Conservancy Act,1857. Completed the...

Read More