Plaque (lost): St Mary’s, Haggerston
On this site stood St. Mary’s, Haggerston (Church of England). Designed by John Nash. Built 1826-7.
London Borough of Hackney
Site: St Mary’s, Haggerston (1 memorial)
E2, Thurtle Road
The list on Hackney's plaques page includes this plaque, describing its location as "Playground between Queensbridge Road and Thurtle Road". We found the playground but not the plaque. There is this rather odd and ugly stand, in the middle of the grassed area. We can think of no reason for its existence other than to hold a plaque - and it can't even manage that.