Sculpture: St Mary Abbots - boy
Site: St Mary Abbots Primary School (2 memorials)
W8, Kensington Church Walk, St Mary Abbots Primary School
The net seems undecided how many 't's there are in Abbotts, but the school has settled on just one.
The school's history page provides the following: St Mary Abbots School was first endowed by Roger Pimble in 1645. In the early 1700s it moved to a new building on Kensington High Street, just to the east of Church Walk (later the site of Kensington Town Hall). This had a tower with these charity children figures on either side. In 1860 the school moved here, together with the two figures, and in about 1904 the buildings were remodelled.
As always, just as on the TV breakfast show sofa, boys on the important left and girls to the less significant right!