mobile nav

Memorial

St Luke's - Telfer St Luke's School

Plaque: St Luke's - Telfer

Inscription

Erected for 400 children. James Telfer Esq. Treasurer

Site: St Luke's School (6 memorials)

EC1, Old Street

The facade of this building tells the history of the school. Each of the 4 gable ends carries a plaque with a dated event, reading from left to right: 1887, 1698, 1972, 1870. Lower down are two, more decorative plaques, commemorating two treasurers, left to right: Pedder and Telfer.

View this memorial on a map

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
St Luke's - Telfer

Information Subjects commemorated

St Luke's Parochial Schools

St Luke's Old Street Conservation Plan (a pdf) refers to "History of St Luke'...

Read More

James Telfer

Treasurer of St Luke's School in 1870 and had a new wing named after him in ...

Read More

This section lists the other memorials at the same location as the memorial on this page:
St Luke's - Telfer

Information Also at this site

St Luke's - 1698

St. Lukes Parochial Schools founded 1698.

Read More

St Luke's - 1870

Removed from Golden Lane to this site, 1870.

Read More

St Luke's - 1887

New wing added 1887, J. T. Pedder Esq. Chairman

Read More

St Luke's - 1972

St. Lukes School moved from this site 1972.

Read More

St Luke's - Pedder

The Telfer wing, erected 1887. J. T. Pedder Esq. Treasurer

Read More