Plaque: St Luke's - 1698
St. Lukes Parochial Schools founded 1698.
Site: St Luke's School (6 memorials)
EC1, Old Street
The facade of this building tells the history of the school. Each of the 4 gable ends carries a plaque with a dated event, reading from left to right: 1887, 1698, 1972, 1870. Lower down are two, more decorative plaques, commemorating two treasurers, left to right: Pedder and Telfer.