mobile nav

Memorial

St Botolph’s - charity boy St Botolph’s charity scholars

Statue: St Botolph’s - charity boy

Erection date: 1821

Inscription

{On the base of the statue:}
COADE LAMBETH 1821

Site: St Botolph’s charity scholars (2 memorials)

EC2, St Botolph’s Church Hall, Bishopsgate

This building was originally the School House, begun in 1821 by Sir William Rawlins.

From Spitalfields Life 2014 we learn that: Many layers of paint were removed from the statues and they are now kept inside the building, behind glass. The statues in the niches are replicas.

View this memorial on a map

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
St Botolph’s - charity boy

Information Subjects commemorated

Charity scholars

Looking at London has a page about these little blue people but even there we...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
St Botolph’s - charity boy

Information Created by

Coade Stone

A ceramic material called an artificial stone, and created by Mrs Eleanor Coa...

Read More

This section lists the other memorials at the same location as the memorial on this page:
St Botolph’s - charity boy

Information Also at this site