mobile nav

Memorial

Southwark Bridge opened Southwark Bridge opened

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Plaque: Southwark Bridge opened

Erection date: 6/6/1921

Inscription

{Beneath the 'bridge mark' of the Bridge House Estates and above the City of London coat of arms:}
Southwark Bridge
Re-built by the Bridge House Estates Committee of the Corporation of London 1913 - 1921,
Opened for traffic by their Majesties King George V and Queen Mary 6th June 1921.
Sir Ernest Lamb C.M.G. J.P. - Chairman
Basil Mott C.B. - Engineer
Sir Ernest George R.A. - Architect

Site: Southwark Bridge opened (1 memorial)

SE1, Southwark Bridge, West Pavement

View this memorial on a map

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Southwark Bridge opened

Information Subjects commemorated

Bridge House Estates

Established to maintain London Bridge. Named after Bridge House, the original...

Read More

Southwark Bridge

One of the more colourful bridges over the Thames. The first crossing on this...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Southwark Bridge opened

Information Created by

Sir Ernest George

Architect. Born 9 Portland Place, now Bartholomew Street, SE1. His partnershi...

Read More

King George V

Reigned: 1910 - 1936.  Born third in line to the throne, after his father (wh...

Read More

Sir Ernest Lamb

Politician. He was elected to the common council of the City of London, later...

Read More

Queen Mary (consort)

Wife of George V, grandmother of Queen Elizabeth II. Born Princess Victoria M...

Read More

Basil Mott

Civil engineer. Born in Leicester. 1902 formed the firm Mott, Hay and Anderso...

Read More