The first indoor meeting of the mission which became The Salvation Army was held here on 3rd September 1865.
Tower Hamlets Environment Trust
Site: Salvation Army - indoors (1 memorial)
E1, New Road, 23
Booth moved his meetings which had begun in the summer in a tent inside as the winter approached. The building was known as the Assembly Rooms or Professor Orson's Dancing Academy (its week-time use).