mobile nav

Memorial

Royal National Institute for the Deaf Royal National Institute for the Deaf

Plaque: Royal National Institute for the Deaf

Inscription

This building was opened as the headquarters of the National Institute for the Deaf by His Majesty King George VI when HRH the Duke of York on the 11th day of June 1936.

Site: Royal National Institute for the Deaf (1 memorial)

WC1, Gower Street, 105

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Royal National Institute for the Deaf

Information Subjects commemorated

46160

Royal National Institute for Deaf People

Established in 1911 as the National Bureau for Promoting the General Welfare ...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Royal National Institute for the Deaf

Information Created by

46161

King George VI

Became king unexpectedly when his brother, Edward VIII, abdicated. Like his u...

Read More