Erection date: 1911
In this house lived in 1851, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, poet and painter, and from 1856 to 1859, William Morris, poet and artist, and Sir Edward C. Burne-Jones, painter.
What a delight - a quality plaque that isn't round and blue.
Site: Rossetti, Morris and Burne-Jones (1 memorial)
WC1, Red Lion Square, 17
This house (then number 8) was the centre of a circle of artists and writers in the late 1850s. The furniture company Morris, Marshall, Faulkner & Co, to become Morris & Co,, known by Morris as "the Firm" was started here. This later had an outlet at 264 (later 449) Oxford Street, opened in 1877.