Plaque: RNH - Philip Hill
Erection date: 8/12/1936
This stone was laid by Philip E. Hill Esq, chairman of Beechams Pills Ltd on the 8th day of December 1936.
Site: Royal Northern Hospital memorial wall (7 memorials)
N7, Manor Gardens, Royal Northern Gardens
In 1997, as a condition of developing the RNH site, Bellway Homes (the developer) was required to create one acre of public open space - this garden which was opened in 2002. Bellway's buildings surround the park on 3 sides.
An information board near the gates to this park tells us that this wall incorporates some of the original decorative masonry, etc. from the Royal Northern Hospital. This includes four decorative rain water hoppers: two dated 1924 and two dated 1930.
Reading left to right, the sequence of these memorials on the wall is:
War memorial, St David's Wing, Casualty, Princess Louise and Hill, NJ. The mosaic is on the terrace in front of the wall.