Plaque: Plumbers - plaque
Erection date: 1983
The Worshipful Company of Plumbers
Ordinances 1365, Grant of Arms 1588.
Between here and the river once was Chequer Yard where for centuries stood the hall of the mysterie or art of the plumbers of London. The first was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666. Rebuilt, it continued in use until demolished to make way for the railway in 1863.
The Company yet flourishes root and branch. In God is all our hope. 1983
Site: Plumbers - plaque (1 memorial)
EC4, Cannon Street, Cannon Street Station