Plaque: Norwood Junction subway - Station Road
Erection date: 31/7/2012
Conceived by borough engineer George Carter and constructed by Robert McAlpine & Sons, Norwood Junction subway, the world's first reinforced underpass.
Opened 31 July 1912
People for Portland Road
Site: Norwood Junction subway - Station Road (2 memorials)
SE25, Station Road
In our photo the subway plaque can be seen above the entrance to the tunnel. The Stanley sign is above the 'public footpath' sign at the end of the railings. There is an identical subway plaque at the other end of the subway.