Plaque: Norwood Junction subway - Clifford Road
Erection date: 31/7/2012
Conceived by borough engineer George Carter and constructed by Robert McAlpine & Sons, Norwood Junction subway, the world's first reinforced underpass.
Opened 31 July 1912
People for Portland Road
Site: Norwood Junction subway - Clifford Road (1 memorial)
SE25, Clifford Road, Norwood Junction Station
In our photo the plaque can be seen to the left of the pale blue street sign. There is an identical plaque at the other end of the subway.