mobile nav

Memorial

Ludgate Ludgate + King Cadwaladr

Plaque: Ludgate

Inscription

Site of Ludgate demolished 1760.
The Corporation of the City of London

Site: Ludgate + King Cadwaladr (2 memorials)

EC4, Ludgate Hill, St. Martin-Within-Ludgate

This church bears a blue plaque, to the far left, and two pink boards on which the text is becoming difficult to read. That to the right is about the various guilds etc. that use the church but the one on the left carries some interesting information which we can consider a memorial to King Cadwaladr.

Immediately opposite the church is Pilgrim Street. A few yards down here, at a bend in the road you will find a large stone protecting the corner building from damage from vehicles negotiating the tight corner. Londonist reports a suggestion that this is a relict of the old Ludgate, which was conveniently nearby.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Ludgate

Information Subjects commemorated

49234

Ludgate

Site was just to the west of St Martin's church. Rebuilt: 1215, 1450, 1586. ...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Ludgate

Information Created by

46488

Corporation of the City of London

In addressing the 'square mile' concept Londonist have provided a potted hist...

Read More

This section lists the other memorials at the same location as the memorial on this page:
Ludgate

Information Also at this site

48793

King Cadwaladr

St Martin within Ludgate King Cadwal built the first church here, just inside...

Read More